The Air Scrubber by Aerus® utilizes state-of-the-art technology developed by NASA to create a safe environment for the astronauts in the international space station. This proprietary technology is called ActivePure®, and is the only air cleaning technology awarded the prestigious Certified Space Technology seal of approval by the Space Foundation which was created in cooperation with NASA.
ActivePure® utilizes a proprietary photocatalyst system which creates powerful oxidizing molecules which are safe to humans and pets but which kill viruses and bacteria in the air and on surfaces. Water and oxygen particles enter the ActivePure® honeycomb matrix. While inside, the molecules are transformed into hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) vapor which permeates all exposed areas of your home. These molecules destroy viruses, bacteria, fungi and mold not only in the air but on surfaces such as counter tops, light switches, cell phones, toys and door knobs, preventing cross contamination.
The Air Scrubber by Aerus® utilizes 3 different technologies: ActivePure® to kill viruses, plus ionization to prevent dust, and ozone (optional) to eliminate odors.
ActivePure® virus killing technology has the following benefits:
- Reduces exposure to viruses and bacteria and their effects upon your health and wellness.
- Proven to kill over 90% of RNA viruses on contact by researchers at the University of Cincinnati. Also see the efficacy charts from the Kansas State University study. RNA viruses include bird flu, swine flu, SARS, Ebola, MRSA and the common cold. Note: The coronavirus (Covid-19) is also an RNA virus, but the efficacy of virus-killing products against this virus have not yet to be tested by anyone in the indoor air quality industry.
- Effective against MRSA, E. coli, C. Diff and other illness causing bacteria and viruses. Also see the Kansas State University study.
- Reduction in sick days and the number of common cold and flu outbreaks.
- Reduction in respiratory issues.
Ionized negative ions have the following benefits:
- Purify air, remove VOCs, and significantly reduce dust particles and odor causing bacteria without using ozone.
- Protect against allergy and asthma triggering contaminants and respiratory issues which may lead to health problems.
- Improved productivity from healthier, cleaner air and surfaces.
- Reduced dust collection on surfaces so you don’t have to dust as often.
Ozone (optional) has the following benefits:
- Eliminates even the toughest odors from your home, including pet and cooking odors.